GLaSS aims at tackling the challenge of big data from the Sentinel satellites by developing a prototype of an enhanced service infrastructure to ingest and process the large amount of data and to make them accessible to a larger user community in a harmonised and user-friendly way.
The specific objectives are:
- Ingesting large quantities of data
- Automatic processing to higher level products
- Including datamining and search techniques for large quantities of data
- Adaptation of water quality algorithms to S2 and S3 data
- Integrated use of S2 and S3 data
- Create a basis for the development of userrelevant value adding services